Yep, I'm Gettin' My Swagga' On...

Search & Win

twilight

Photobucket

Friday, October 16, 2009

Birthday Parties...

I forgot to post about Eli & Chloe's joint birthday party...what a bad blogger mommy I am!!

We decided to throw Chloe and Eli a joint birthday party this year on August 23rd. Eli turned 1 on August 1st, and Chloe turned 4 on August 24th. We decided to go with a John Deere theme because Eli and Chloe both love tractors and hey, I did grow up being a country girl but turned into a suburban pageant/dance/cheer mommy once I had the first child, Chloe! We all know, every country girl must fall in love with tractors! It's just a silent rule! Chloe was a country girl, the first 11 months of her life, but now she's the classic Navy brat who has fallen in love with the idea of flying Navy jets when she grows up. This is due to the fact that we live right down the street from the Oceana air base and has seen jets since she was 11 months old!

We decided to give the party at my home church, Forest Hill Baptist Church (very well known for running off good preachers due to the preachers not kissing the right booties and between my sister, Amy and I, we are the only 1's who dare speak of this!!), in the brand new fellowship hall. I chose the colors of green and yellow since no one in the big city of Virginia Beach, dares carry anything with John Deere.

My sister, Amy, showed up with pink and black plates, napkins and a pink table cloth because she felt that Chloe should get her pink and black! My grandmother baked Chloe's cupcakes and Eli's cake and I decorated them!
Chloe's "boyfriend", Mr. Kurt, showed up, which just tickled her to pieces! Kurt is a wonderful role model for teens in the church and a good friend of my sister's. Somehow, my daughter became very smitten with him at camp when she asked him "Hey Mr. Kurt, Can I check out the inside of your truck?" He then let her play with his stereo system!

So anywho, the party went great! It's the only time that all of my siblings and I have been together under 1 roof besides Christmas! Chloe got to hang out with all of her favorite cousins...Brianna, William, Neal, and Haley.

Eli had him a good time eating cake and crawling all over the place!

We had approx. 60 balloons blown up with helium and after the party was over, we took all the kids outside and let them make a wish and release the balloons.

My dad and momma Sherry got bored and decided to blow up a trash bag of helium just to see if it would float...it did!
Myspace actually deleted 1 of the pictures of the trashbag in the sky because someone reported it as a picture of prophylactic protection (hope you get it!).

Both my kids got lots of gifts...thanks for the clothes, toys, and books!


No comments:

Post a Comment